Don't sign Protect America's 3 year self-renewing Scam contract.I asked to pay contract in full due to moving from state. They sent me total amount due letter as requested with copy of contract that if didn't cancel contract by certified mail not earlier 90 days of expiration and not later than 30 days of expiration of contract, it would automatically renew for one year...So if I pay in fulland move from the state, in 2 yrs (2013)the contract will renew for one year in my name...Get another alarm company.......PA Ripoff Company!

Had an Experience with Protect America?

Comments

Pikeville, Kentucky, United States #742857

THIS COMPANY IS TOTAL GARBAGE.YOU DONT GET THE PROTECTION THEY SAY YOU DO. THE EQUIPMENT THEY SEND YOU IS TOTAL GARBAGE.YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THEIR SO CALLED "REPS"CONSTANTLY BECAUSE OF ERRORS.THE CHEAP SENSORS THAT YOU GET WITH THE STICKY TAPE DOES NOT STICK WELL ALL. THIS SO CALLED COMPANY IS A TOTAL JOKE.IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF HOME SECURITY PLEASE DONT GET REELED IN BY THESE PEOPLE.GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE.A GOOD RECORDING OF A DOG BARKING BEATS THIS COMPANY ALL TO ***.

Pikeville, Kentucky, United States #742851

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF.ALARMS GO OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

THE CHEAP STICKY SIDED TAPE THAT YOU USE FOR THE WINDOWS DOESNT STICK VERY WELL AT ALL. THEY ARE VERY,VERY, MISLEADING ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT.

THIS COMPANY IS A "JOKE".IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF HOME SECURITY THIS IS ONE COMPANY YOU SURE DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH.

Protect America is ***. They say they are #1 rated by topcustomerreviews.com but I seriously think that they have internal staff that write good reviews for them.

They sold me on the FREE EQUIPMENT and NO INSTALL FEES. Well my friends... you get what you pay for. The WIRELESS technology only works half of the time. If a sensor or keypad is "too far away" you are supposed to be ok with receiving malfunctions. "Its normal" they said.

You have to install the sensors/touchpads/keypads yourself. They are held on by double sided tape. Every month I was finding myself replacing another battery in the sensors. I also had an issue where the doors would show open on the alarm system when they were closed. I would have to open and close the doors 3 or 4 times to get the alarm to read that the door was finally closed. TERRIBLE ALARM SYSTEM. And getting out of your contract... forget it.

Do yourself a favor and go with a hardwired system. ADT, HAWK, Guardian... anyone else other than Protect America.

I signed up with them and was never satisfied with their service or equipment.I had problems every month with the test and equipment.

I finally just took it all out, continued to pay the monthly fee and sent in the cancellation letter as soon as I could and checked that the contract was going to be cancelled on completion and not renewed. The equipment was not adequate and always had errors they sent me sensors to replace the ones that were original and they were huge and ugly. I was constantly getting errors.

They would walk me through the process of clearing the errors but I did not like having to consantly be on the phone with their reps working on this inadequate system.I cannot recommend this company

get real bozo you're the fool who agreed to the terms of the contract.

nobody made you accept but yourself.

its your problem not theirs that you quit.

they should sue your ***!

Set up the first machine followled step by step instructions provided by the call center.The signal did not transmitt to the call center.

Protect america sent the second machine once again I followed the instructin. The signal test went through. The monthly test always failed and the macine had to be recalibrated. Then one day Ifound the alarm had been tripped and cancelled.

I received no call, no police was sent and I felt violated.

Protect america said to either transfer the contract to someone or be responsible for the remaining contract.I called the consumer protection agency.

Take advise of reviewer and do not sign Protect America\'s hidden \"Lifetime\" contract....

Protect America lies and harrasses you until you sign scam contract. Use different security alarm company. They are a rip-off company as evidenced by their unethical contract....Don't use Protect America!!!!